GOOD QUESTION …
Nishkam TV teams are divided into seven groups with a team lead, vice lead and supporting team members. They are supported by older Youth Representatives (students in college and recent graduates) and parent volunteers to guide and support them but the content creation is essentially their own.
We have a team of 50+ strong team members.
Seven teams are:
1. Production and Operations Team – This team is responsible for the execution of programs including shooting, editing, and operations. This team also runs Nishkam TV Live every Sunday. The team-lead is Raunaq Singh Mokha (Age 15), supported by Amneet Singh Bagga (Age 17) as the vice lead.
2. Content Writing Team – This team is responsible for idea generation and writing scripts for the programs. They also maintain our pipeline of content for the next six months. The team-lead is Gurleen Kaur (Age 15) and supported by Dilzafer Singh (Age 14) as the vice lead and J. Mehr Kaur (Smith College) and Simran Kaur Mahanta (Cornell) as youth representatives.
3. Talent Team – This team is responsible for hosting shows, interviewing guests, moderators for the round table discussions and narrator of the shows/documentaries. The team-lead lead is Kiren Kaur Bagga (Age 14) and supported by Danveer Singh Nijjar (Age 14) as the vice lead and Kiranjit Kaur (Boston University) and Hargun Khanna (UMass Amherst) as youth representatives.
4. Website and Newsletter Team – This team is responsible for updating and maintaining our website and sending monthly newsletters to our subscribers. The team-lead is Mehrjot Kaur (Age 17) and supported by Tanya Singh (NYU) as a youth representative.
5. Social Media Presence Team – This team is responsible for spreading the word and manage our social media channels on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The team-lead is Meher Kaur Khanna (Age 16) and supported by Tanya Singh (NYU) as a youth representative.
6. Marketing Team – This team is responsible for bringing sponsors/donors, organizing fundraisers and business development. The team-lead is Harneet Kaur (Age 17) and supported by Prabhdeep Kaur (Age 15) as the vice lead and Sumeet Singh Nijjar (Boston College) as a youth representative.
7. Production Design Team – This team is responsible for branding, costumes, props, and sets for the programs. The team-lead is Agam Singh Kukreja (Age 13).
Pictures of recently joined members are missing from the list. Welcome aboard Riya Mahanta (Newsletter team), Simran Mahanta (Content team youth representative) and Sachnoor Singh (Production team member).